Last weekend was filled with a two day art sale and the beginning of this week got busy with school, errands and the business part of art, which means that as close as I was to completing this painting - it wasn't getting done. So last night I decided I wasn't going to bed until it was done (good thing I was close to completion). All that I really had left to do was to thicken and lengthen the "beard" and add some fine details to it. Then the last things was to add some highlight areas. So I turned up Pandora and painted away until just before midnight, when I was able to say, "Done."
Over all this challenge has been great for me. I feel like my creative juices are flowing again and I spent a lot of pure enjoyment time in painting this. Now I am loaded with some new ideas for paintings. This is just in time as I am gearing up for an upcoming show at the Des Moines Botanical Gardens in November through January.
|For those of you who asked to see the size in comparison to my little Sophie...!|